Founded in 1979, Baden Sports is a family owned sporting goods company located in Renton, WA. We manufacture sports balls and accessories for both high level and recreational use. As a company, Baden prides itself on innovation and creative problem solving. We make it a practice to challenge accepted techniques, materials and design to create superior products for every level. We design for the end user, with the singular goal of improving the game itself.
PROMOTIONAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE:
At Baden Sports, we're a team of sports-loving, competitive, enthusiastic, creative people. Everything we do is sparked by our passion for sports, and our workplace reflects that. This leads to our innovative and collaborative approach to our products, sales and operations. Baden is constantly looking for talented, hardworking people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are excited for the growth potential our company offers. The pace is fast, the subject matter exciting and the gratification huge. Come be a part of our cutting edge company!
We are looking to fill the role of Promotional Sales Representative. This position will be responsible for servicing and growing our Premium & Promotional business. The focus of this position is business-to-business sales and working with distributors & companies who would like to customize Baden products with their corporate branding. The position is based in our Renton, WA corporate headquarters and there will be some light travel required (3-5 trips annually).
Skills and Specifications:
- Able to work in fast-paced, self-directed, entrepreneurial environment.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient level of computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent telephone sales personality skills.
- Prominent organization and presentation skills.
- Organized time management skills.
- Highly energetic and self-starter.
- Able to multi-task activities with shifting priorities.
- Should be honest, assertive and systematic.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 2+ years sales experience required.
- Premium/ASI/PPAI industry experience preferred.
Do you love sports? Is your favorite part of the day getting out on the court and playing your hardest? Come work in an atmosphere with like-minded people; where there’s true team spirit, where serving our coaches and players is our first priority, and where the passion for the game guides us. This position is the ideal opportunity to get your foot in the door of a fast-growing, energetic, and established sporting goods company.
Position Objective/Primary Responsibility:
The Product Specialist will be an integral member of the Baden Product Management team. This role will focus on our Team Sports product lines (basketball, volleyball, soccer, football). The position will primarily perform Product Management duties but will also oversee Quality Assurance. Responsibilities include working with customers to understand how Baden products are performing, identifying new product opportunities, conducting market research, generating product requirements, determining specifications, production timetables, pricing, and time-integrated plans for product introduction and developing marketing strategies.
- Undergraduate degree (Business preferred)
- Ability to lead and drive projects forward while adhering to a timeline
- Good collaborator and able to work in a team environment
- Strict attention to detail with an ability to manage several projects
- Innovative product development mindset
- Understand and relate to customers
- Collegiate athlete (preferred)
Essential Job Functions:
- Product Specialist/Management
- Manage the Team Sports product lines (basketball, volleyball, soccer, football)
- Determine customers' needs and expectations
- Market and industry research –market size and potential, competitors, barriers to entry, etc.
- Gather customer and product requirements for a potential product (features, look, function)
- Introduce and market new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, advertising, and production
- Create business cases for new product ideas or enhancements
- Manage business performance of products in the market
- Organize, track and report product field and lab testing
- Quality Assurance
- Set product production/inspection requirements for quality and performance
- Track quality statistics (defect rate, returns, customer satisfaction, etc.)
- Approve products for production
- Understanding the market and customer, enabling Baden to build products that will last in the marketplace
- Attentive to detail ensuring all products meet quality and performance standards
- 401K matching
- Health and Dental
- Ping Pong
- Batting Cage
- Play on a team? Coach? Because Baden believes its employees should be part of the sports community, we work with your schedule.
Don't see a position you're looking for? Apply anyway! Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us a little about yourself and how you'd like to see your career progress.